2015, you’re here already?!
I hope you all had a great Holiday and New Year! We had a great inaugural Florida Keys Craft Beer & Bubbly Fest, thank you to our sponsors, volunteers, supporters, and our event partner, The Fishermen’s Community Hospital Foundation. We hope you all had the opportunity to get out there and partake in our newest event, and of course that you were able to sample some libations while having a great experience.
2015 has some great things in store for us, so let’s list them out:
1) New look to our Chamber Connection Newsletter; we will also be going digital so please be sure to let us know if you would still prefer to receive your monthly Chamber Connection Newsletters via mail as a hard copy
2) Hyatt Place at Faro Blanco Resort and Lighthouse Grille is open for business. This will have a huge economic impact on you all, our local business-members, as well as our overall community. We thank the Spottswood family, Steven Robbins, the resort’s GM, and his team for doing an amazing job in getting open so quickly while offering a quality product for visitors and locals.
3) Marriott Courtyard Resort; scheduled to open around April of 2015, will provide yet another brand new name brand resort for our visitors. Don’t forget, they will also have a restaurant on site for visitors and locals alike to patronize.
4) Marathon Airport Port of Entry (Customs/Immigration) will also open around April of 2015. Allowing for locals and visitors to travel internationally to and from Marathon Airport, by air or by sea! This new, exciting service, of which your Marathon Chamber Board donated $25,000 towards; will have a huge economic effect on our businesses and community, now and for many years to come.
5) Adult/Professional Educational Opportunities for you, our valued members. Your Marathon Chamber plans on offering a plethora of educational seminars for you and your staff this year. Topics will include: Customer Service, Leadership & Management, Conflict Resolution tactics for staff, colleagues, and customers, and more..
6) Holiday Decorating Grants; where your Marathon Chamber will award fifteen (15) of our business-members each $150.00 to cover costs to purchase and set up holiday lights and decorations, so our Middle keys/Marathon community can look its best during the holidays in 2015!
7) Our annual Business Beautification Grant Program will be back for its fifth year, where we will award ten (10), $1,500.00 grants for selected business-members who will be improving their façade.
Thank you again for being a member of The Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce in 2014, and we hope you will stay with us in 2015. If you have any questions about your membership renewal invoice please call us anytime. Want to know more about what the Marathon Chamber can do for you and your business? Please call us to set up an orientation/member benefits meeting; we will travel to your place of business if need be.
Here’s to a healthy, safe, and fruitful 2015!
Daniel Samess, CEO
Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce