We here at the Marathon Chamber of Commerce are so happy to be a part of our amazing community. It’s through our wonderful members and supporters that allow us to donate and support our local charities and organizations.
2015, you’re here already?!
I hope you all had a great Holiday and New Year! We had a great inaugural Florida Keys Craft Beer & Bubbly Fest, thank you to our sponsors, volunteers, supporters, and our event partner, The Fishermen’s Community Hospital Foundation. We hope you all had the opportunity to get out there and partake in our newest event, and of course that you were able to sample some libations while having a great experience.
2015 has some great things in store for us, so let’s list them out:
1) New look to our Chamber Connection Newsletter; we will also be going digital so please be sure to let us know if you would still prefer to receive your monthly Chamber Connection Newsletters via mail as a hard copy
2) Hyatt Place at Faro Blanco Resort and Lighthouse Grille is open for business. This will have a huge economic impact on you all, our local business-members, as well as our overall community. We thank the Spottswood family, Steven Robbins, the resort’s GM, and his team for doing an amazing job in getting open so quickly while offering a quality product for visitors and locals.
3) Marriott Courtyard Resort; scheduled to open around April of 2015, will provide yet another brand new name brand resort for our visitors. Don’t forget, they will also have a restaurant on site for visitors and locals alike to patronize.
4) Marathon Airport Port of Entry (Customs/Immigration) will also open around April of 2015. Allowing for locals and visitors to travel internationally to and from Marathon Airport, by air or by sea! This new, exciting service, of which your Marathon Chamber Board donated $25,000 towards; will have a huge economic effect on our businesses and community, now and for many years to come.
5) Adult/Professional Educational Opportunities for you, our valued members. Your Marathon Chamber plans on offering a plethora of educational seminars for you and your staff this year. Topics will include: Customer Service, Leadership & Management, Conflict Resolution tactics for staff, colleagues, and customers, and more..
6) Holiday Decorating Grants; where your Marathon Chamber will award fifteen (15) of our business-members each $150.00 to cover costs to purchase and set up holiday lights and decorations, so our Middle keys/Marathon community can look its best during the holidays in 2015!
7) Our annual Business Beautification Grant Program will be back for its fifth year, where we will award ten (10), $1,500.00 grants for selected business-members who will be improving their façade.
Thank you again for being a member of The Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce in 2014, and we hope you will stay with us in 2015. If you have any questions about your membership renewal invoice please call us anytime. Want to know more about what the Marathon Chamber can do for you and your business? Please call us to set up an orientation/member benefits meeting; we will travel to your place of business if need be.
Here’s to a healthy, safe, and fruitful 2015!
Daniel Samess, CEO
Greater Marathon Chamber of Commerce
Friends! Come on out and join us for the first ever Florida Keys Craft Beer & Bubbly Fest. Saturday December 27th, 2014 from 11am to 7pm at the Marathon Community Park, 200 36th Street, Marathon, FL 33050. Call us at the Chamber for details or to purchase your VIP tickets! 305.743.5417. Visit our website at www.floridakeysbeerfest.com. We hope to see you all there!
The Christmas and New Year Holidays are upon us! There are so many things to do here in our little island paradise! Our Marathon Chamber is proud to provide you with upcoming event information. You can choose from meeting Santa, holiday lighting parties, shopping, driving through town and touring the lights, rummage sales, holiday buffets, Craft Beer & Bubbly Fest, and New Year’s Eve Parties! We love to celebrate Christmas island style with lots of holiday lights, outdoor & beach side parties, and delicious food from our wonderful restaurants! We hope you will join us for some or all of our wonderful events!
CRANE POINT PRESENTS “ASTRONOMY TONIGHT” PROGRAM
Astronomy Tonight is an educational program for lifelong learners ages 21 and older. This program consists of a series of three modules with four sessions of three-hour classes each. These modules will take participants through a basic understanding of how the study of Astronomy began to joining those that are now looking for habitable planets in other systems far away. Each week participants will not only be a part of a class but will enjoy a hands-on activity related to the weekly topic. Participants will be able to continue learning through forum and chat room opportunities.
The final session of the module will include an interactive session under the stars. Participants will be able to put what has been learned into practice by helping others to enjoy the universe. The first module begins on January 27th .
Class Schedule and Topics:
January 27 – History & Overview of Astronomy
February 3 – Observing the Night Sky – Binoculars and Telescopes
February 10 – Understanding our Solar System – The Sun and the Planets
February 14 – Solar Observations
Students will receive a planisphere to aid in location and identification of constellations and other cosmic objects and build a simple telescope that will aid in the understanding of the use of optics in viewing our universe.
Cost is $100.00 for registration prior to January 9, 2015. Cost after January 9 is $125.00.
To register, call 305-743-8889, 305-394-0975 or email email@example.com .
Classes are scheduled from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and will be held in the Cracker House located at Crane Point Museum & Nature Center. Entrance to Cracker House is located on the right-of-way near the center of the property. Look for the sign.
For Crane Point information, call 305-743-3900.
Dolphin Bistro Events-
December 5th Sunset Dinner from 5 – 8 pm. $20
December 18th Social Hour from 5 – 8 pm $15
And December 19th we will offer Sides To Go for the holidays again.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes $7
Savory Stuffing and Gravy $7
4 Cheese Mac n Cheese $7
Sweet Potato Casserole $7
Mixed Berry Cobbler $10
Look for MHS Culinary Arts program featured in the new Florida Keys Chef’s Table cookbook! Follow events on facebook –Dolphin Bistro.
We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you.